Another Away3D update has arrived! The Away3D Team released their latest version of Away3D a few days ago – dubbed “4.0 gold” due to the fact that is it the first production-ready version of the Away3D 4.0 engine.
Full details of the release can be seen in the announcement on away3d.com. A large part of the work for the update has been around documentation and bug fixing, but there are some notable feature updates to the code for this release including:
- Starling Integration APIs – new demo of functionality can be seen in away3d.com/tutorials
- Mouse Interaction and picking APIs – offering a variety of picking approaches for optimising performance
- Frame-based animation APIs – including unified skeleton & vertex animation apis, and flexible state management.
- Established content workflows for designers – new demo of functionality can be see at away3d.com/tutorials
- Bugfixes, examples and documentation – updated docs can be seen online at away3d.com/livedocs/away3d/4.0/
As usual, download zips for source, examples and documentation can be found at away3d.com/download, and further updates are expected in the coming weeks, along with more tutorials and support material.